Saturday, November 30, 2013

Wood Stock

Here are some examples of the wood i use, I buy 'randomly as i run out or need more and often buy group selection to save money, so some things are very limited and I won't get again, though I can always try to look for it. I always have my eye out for walnut and maple burl/tiger/spalted, and Osage though.

Keep in mind that wood differs from inch to inch and block to block, pictures are representative but you'll often find one type of wood varies quite a lot from one handle or bead to another.

African makroe

Amendion 
  Special thanks to MQQN on bladeforums for donating this Amendion (lots of it!) for Jk pocket knives as a gift!

Ash

bocote

Myrtle Wood



osage

 Special thanks to KYturkey on bladeforums for donating a lot of osage and more for use on Jk pocket knives as a gift!

Purpleheart




red malle burl


Rosewood



Spalted maple





Walnut



'
Wenge


yellowheart





Zebra wood

Zircote










No comments:

Post a Comment