Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Walk down the road: June 2013

So today we went for a walk down the road and saw a barn painting at Alpaca Berry Farm and watched them shear the Alpaca.


Later in the day Sam, my 6 year old son, wanted to go for a walk. The grass is up pretty high so we decided just to take a walk down the road, I swiped my wife's camera in the hope there might be some knife picture opportunities. There are many great Knives photographers out there, I am not one of them, but I do like to have a reason to be walking.

This is a JK Trapline, designed by Outdoorsfan (Avatar name on Bladefourms) and is one heck of a wood knife) and a Case Electricians knife from the late 60's. I had a different folding knife in my pocket this morning during the Alpaca shearing but because I seem to be unable to stick with the same folding knife for a whole day since taking my two favorites out of rotation for the purpose of "trying something new"....grumble grumble.

We can't go for a walk with our dog Lucy coming along and if she notices that one of our cats can't let her go alone either
 Got a nice shot of the grain on this iornwood
 Found a  few posts I though looked like the need a knife perched on them a  while


 had to take the guard of Sam's bike because the chain keeps falling off, used the screw driver blade on the case to do it, back to walking (see, useful :))
 Saw some cows in the farm across the way
 A look back towards home
 Racing
 unhappy
 more scenery

All in all a nice walk to finish off the afternoon I though,

thanks for reading, or picture watching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment